BLMS mini is a broadband light source which combines a fiber pigtailed SLD module, a high precision current and temperature controller, and an optional optical isolator in one compact and easy-to-use device. Each product is custom made with the SLD module of your choice (please refer to the SLD product page to select an SLD module for your application).
The light source has an I/O interface for remote control and monitoring (a DB-25M connector for the Standard-I/O Version of BLMS mini, and a USB Mini-AB connector for the Alternate-I/O Version of BLMS mini). The Standard-I/O Version, designed for integration with customers' systems, provides a simple interface based on TTL level input/output and analog output signals via a DB-25M connector. The Alternate-I/O Version is equipped with a USB interface (Mini-AB connector) and can be operated remotely from a PC or laptop.
- Custom-made product with the SLD module of your choice.
- Built-in current driver and temperature controller.
- High stability of drive current control over a range of 0 mA to 400 mA.
- High stability of temperature control over a range of +10 °C to +40 °C.
- High and low output power modes.
- Built-in optical isolator (optional).
- FC/APC fiber optic connector.
- Soft-start SLD protection circuit.
- I/O interface for remote control and monitoring.
- BLMS mini Broadband Light Source.
- Optical patch cable.
- AC/DC adapter (optional).
- Overall dimensions (W×D×H): 196 × 158 × 33.44 mm (7.72 × 6.22 × 1.32 inches).
- Weight: 0.5 kg.
Electrical Power Specifications:
- +9V DC, 2A, ripple and noise of 20 mV (peak-to-peak) maximum. Please double check that ripple and noise are low if you are planning to use a switching-mode power supply.
- Operating temperature range: 0 °C to +40 °C.
- Storage temperature range: -30 °C to +70 °C.
Download Technical Product Specification in PDF format (93 KB).